Thursday, April 1, 2010

Koharu no Hibi - Manga About a Cute Stalker Girl



Summary:

On his way to the school, Torii Akira helps a girl who was about to fall down. From that moment he keeps running into that girl, and she seems very happy to see Akira. It's all smiles for Akira all day, until he stumbles upon a uncertain scene. Will he still be smiling after this?

Thoughts:

Uncertain scene indeed! I was actually surprised that the chapter 2 scanlation of this story was released today considering that chapter 1 was released September of last year. Basically this is a story about an extreme stalker girl. At first when I was reading it, I was all 'Wow, she's pretty cute, this guy is pretty lucky to have a cute girl like her go after him'; which actually was what the main character of this story was thinking at first, but then he found out she was doing things that aren't normal for any girl to do when she likes a guy. I'm not going to spoil what happened in chapter 1 because it's pretty shocking and you should check it out. After encountering what she did, the main character is confused on what to think about her. I can see his point of view though, if a super cute girl was stalking me, I'd be both pretty happy about it, but also weirded out at the same time!

Seems pretty normal, since he helped her and all

Hmm, that's kinda weird

Weird

And it only gets weirder from there.

My only familiarity with stalker girls was Matoi from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and she was probably my favorite character from that series. But compared to Koharu, Matoi is very very tame. Stalker girls also have some yandere potential, which if Koharu ends up being one, that makes the story 100x better.

You can check out this series here:

Manga Fox

Baka-Updates Manga

Only 2 chapters scanlated so far and I saw as much as 5 raws released, but hopefully the scanlator picks up the series again so I can check out the stalker action.

0 comments:

Post a Comment